Thursday, April 28, 2011

We are always tested

Christ is Risen!

It's been a month since I last posted on here. I've been staring at the little bookmark I have entitled "my blog" for some time now, wondering what to write. Sometimes I even clicked on it, but never succeeded in writing anything. But last night a dear friend reminded me of something very important and very true. Paraphrased, she said I guess God never stops testing you. So even though it's Bright week, our struggles don't just go away. And although my joy for the resurrection seems infinite right now, I still struggle (and fail) everyday with sin and with being a better Christian.
Now all that is not to say that Bright Week isn't special. It most certainly is, and it's one of my favorite times of the year. There is nothing more beautiful to me than the Paschal Liturgy. I love everything about it, especially singing Christ is Risen as loud as possible, and hearing everyone around me singing as loudly as they can. It makes my heart swell with joy. And for forty days we sing Christ is Risen and celebrate the Resurrection. Forty days! It must be pretty special to warrant 40 days of preparation (Lent) and 40 days of celebration! And it is. It's the most wonderful thing to ever happen. The best day of the year, every year.
Yet, we have to accept it in our hearts and love God for His infinite mercy and love. We have to keep ourselves from slipping away from Him. We desperately need the Resurrection. We cannot survive without it. And while Bright Week is meant to be a time of happiness and celebration (who doesn't love an entire week dedicated to not fasting?!) it is also a reminder that we need God. Our troubles still come back to us, our struggles are still ongoing during this happy time because we are fallen, but they are erased through God's everlasting love.
So, I'm encouraging you to remember that you will always struggle here in this world, but that through the Resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, we are with Him. We can always be with Him. So celebrate this wonderful news, but don't forget it's not over. We are always tested, each and every day.

God bless,
Bella

1 comment:

  1. thanks for my super-secret shout out. i love a good shout out!
    i think the Church is good about reminding us of a couple things: we are always being tested so we can grow, and G*d is always loving us. C.S. Lewis encourages me with a letter he wrote to a nine-year-old boy in which he says, "God knows how hard it is for us to love him more than anything else. And if we are trying, He will help us." and i have to constantly remind myself that He will! love you so much, and thank you for the encouragement! Christos Anesti!

    ReplyDelete