Monday, May 2, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

So, today was tough. It just wasn't very good. Some things are happening that upset me and I'm just uncertain about a lot of stuff, mostly about what I'll be doing this summer in terms of living arrangements, etc. Got a lot of things on my mind right now, and of course it's finals week. I need to relax, and take a little break from everything tonight. So I'm going to borrow from Julie Andrews. Here's a few of my favorite things.



J'adore J.Crew!


I bought roses just like this for my mom last year. They were absolutely gorgeous and I fell in love with lavender roses!

Red is my favorite color. I absolutely love it. Especially when it comes to flowers. When I see something red, it always makes me feel better.

Breakfast at Tiffany's. What more can I say? It's my go-to feel-good movie. I would say it's my number two favorite movie...


...next to Beauty and the Beast. My all time favorite movie, it brings me joy every time I watch it. Which is quite often. I can actually recite the entire movie while I watch it. And I'm not ashamed. I love it that much.

Finally, I love all things British. From tea to their accents to the Royal Family. Of course, I adore the Royal Family! Especially those adorable princes. And don't they look so cute in their uniforms? (I also like guys in uniform, so that works, too.)

Here they are again at a polo match look very cute in their, ahem, uniforms.

And there we go. I feel better already. I love J.Crew, and flowers, and all things red. I love Breakfast at Tiffany's and Beauty and the Beast, and British princes. I think some English tea and watching Breakfast at Tiffany's are in store for me now.

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things and then I don't feel so bad."
- Sound of Music "My Favorite Things"

No comments:

Post a Comment